Owing to its ability to morph and adapt to a multitude of outfit combinations, the white sneaker outfit trend has been going strong since 2015. The shoe is now seen, by many, as a wardrobe essential that will take you from the office to cocktails. You could wear this shoe everyday of the week and no one would bat and eyelash!
How To Style White Sneakers
For the office, pair your basic white sneakers with a shift dress. Another option for the workplace would be to don your white sneakers with a tailored or well fitted suit. On the weekend you can pair your white sneakers with a t-shirt and denim skirt. An additional option for off duty days, would be to wear joggers, and an oversized knit with white sneakers. Bring a casual feel to a glitzy party frock (like these affordable options) with your sneakers.
Most Memorable White Sneaker Outfit
- Karlie Kloss: While walking the streets of NYC, this statuesque beauty loves to add a relaxed feel to party dresses by wearing a pair of fresh white sneakers.
- Hailey Baldwin: When she’s not wearing ankle boots, this IT-girl of the moment loves to rock a pair of comfy, white trainers with a pair of leggings and a bomber jacket.
- Barbie Ferreira: This gorgeous plus
sizesexy supermodel loves to don a pair of clean white kicks with tracksuit and a sick designer bag!
My White Sneaker Shopping Tips
- Keep it simple. I am a huge fan of the white on white Nike Huarauche’s, however the superb detailing would make too much of a statement for you to incorporate with your office and leisure wear. Look for something minimal that won’t distract the eye.
- Thick sole. White sneakers with thick soles tend to look more polished and slick.
- Minimal. The less detail on the sneaker the better. Also make sure that you look for a sneaker with a rounded toe.
SHOP THE LOOK
—TRACEY CHÈ KING (@TRACEY_CHE)
PHOTOGRAPHED BY THE AUTHOR